“Siskel and Ebert was a sitcom about two guys who lived in a movie theater.” *
Season 4 episode 12. Movies reviewed in this clip –
Absence of Malice
Sparky the wonder dog shows up at the end to lead into the “dogs of the week”:
The Seven Grandmasters – Ebert’s pick
Adios Amigo – Siskels pick. Incidentally, he assumed it was going to be a dog but it was actually not a dog. Couldn’t find a dog of the week.
Highest-grossing films of 1981
Title / Distributor / Domestic gross
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark Paramount $212,222,025
2. On Golden Pond Universal $119,285,432
3. Superman II Warner Bros. $108,185,706
4. Arthur Orion Pictures/Warner Bros. $95,461,682
5. Stripes Columbia $85,297,000
6. The Cannonball Run 20th Century Fox $72,179,579
7. Chariots of Fire Warner Bros. $58,972,904
8. For Your Eyes Only United Artists $54,812,802
9. The Four Seasons Universal $50,427,646
10. Time Bandits Embassy Pictures $42,365,581
via wikipedia // Btw – Wikipedia is panhandling. I donated using Amazon pay. Took a minute, maybe. No mussing with entering any new info. Easy.
* Not my joke but I forget where I heard it.
Toyota has formulated six rules for the application of kanban
- Each process issues requests (kanban) to its suppliers as it consumes its supplies.
- Each process produces according to the quantity and sequence of incoming requests.
- No items are made or transported without a request.
- The request associated with an item is always attached to it.
- Processes must not send out defective items, to ensure that finished products will be defect-free.
- Limiting the number of pending requests makes the process more sensitive and reveals inefficiencies.
Coachella was started when the band Pearl Jam boycotted Ticketmaster in 1993 for their high prices, and played at the location during their Ticketmaster boycott tour.
Women were not allowed to wear pants on the US Senate floor until 1993 after Senators Barbara Mikulski and Carol Moseley Braun defiantly staged a protest by wearing pantsuits.
During the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers Great Flood of 1993, 23 year-old James Scott removed sandbags from an Illinois levee in order to strand his wife on the other side of the river so that he could keep partying. He received life imprisonment for “intentionally causing a catastrophe”. His breach flooded 14,000 acres.
RIP Brandon Lee, accidental death on the set of The Crow
Celebrity Drug-related Death: River Phoenix outside of the Viper Room in Los Angelos
When the US Post Office issued the first stamp honoring Elvis in 1993, stamp collectors mailed letters with these stamps to bad addresses to have them marked “Return to Sender”.
New York Yankees pitcher Jim Abbot threw a no-hitter despite being born without a right hand.
Fun Trivia Here
“The top 100 books of all time
Take a look at a list of the top 100 books of all time, nominated by writers from around the world, from Things Fall Apart to Mrs Dalloway, and from Pride and Prejudice to Don Quixote”.
@ the Guardian